Wire Ballet dress

I made this wire dress for a ballet project this time last year.

(apologies for the messy art class)


A wire frame, covered in PVA glue and newspaper.

IMG_4025 IMG_4024

Then a coat of white emultion.

IMG_4027 IMG_4028 IMG_4029

The final piece with lace, roses, ballet figures and a pretty little bow.


  I loved making this tutu! Probably because I love making things, especially if it’s detailed and new. Before this I had only made a small teapot and cup, the principal is the same, just on a larger scale.

keep a lookout for some of my LFW sketches that will be on the blog soon!

xox Much love Holly xox

4 thoughts on “Wire Ballet dress

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s