Yes they do taste as good as they sound!
Just follow this delicious recipe for the perfect easter treat!
Taken from Chrissy Page’s blog
for the Brownies
3 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped (I used chocolate chips)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup self raising flour
for the Frosting
1 cup milk chocolate chips
6 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup icing sugar
1. Using a medium sauce pan, heat butter and dark chocolate while stirring until smooth; set aside to cool…
2. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C; grease an 8x8x2-inch (or something round about that size) baking pan, lined with grease proof paper, this will make the release easier!
3. Stir sugar into cooled chocolate mixture.
4. Add your eggs one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon just until combined.
5. Stir in vanilla.
6. Add chocolate mixture to flour in a large bowl; stir until combined.
7. Spread batter evenly into the pan.
3. Bake for 30 minutes (or until you think it’s ready, I didn’t time mine…)
Cool in the pan.
Meanwhile make the icing!
1. Using a small saucepan heat and stir 1 cup milk chocolate pieces over low heat until nice and smooth.
2. Remove from heat and let chocolate cool.
3. In a medium bowl stir together 6 ounces of softened cream cheese and 1/2 cup icing sugar.
Make sure you sieve the icing sugar, this way you are less likely to get sugar clumps in your frosting. I used a fork to combine the cream cheese and sugar (usually I use an electric whisk, but cream cheese is soft enough for just a fork). Take care when mixing, don’t over work the cream cheese!
4. With a wooden spoon stir in melted chocolate until smooth
5. Remove the brownie square from the tray to a cooling rack.
6. Then frost your cooled brownies.
Of course you can decorate them however you want, just cut them up to serving sizes! ❤ I chose some mini eggs ❤
They even go well with a scoop of ice cream.
xox Much love Holly xox