Since watching the Great British Bake Off, I remembered Continue reading “Home Made Bagels”
Category: food blog
So I’ve been super busy the past two weeks and this is some of what my friend, Lissa, and I got up to the other week in London. (BTW – I painted pineapples on my nails!) Continue reading “Easter Holidays!”
Found some old photographs from my little Laduree macaroon shoot…
So fancy I couldn’t even pronounce the name! We had leftover Camembert from Christmas a few weeks back, so I re-created our Christmas starter with a different type of bread…
That was the Christmas starter I made with a BBC brioche recipe and it was melt-in-your-mouth scrumptious! It even turned out well… as this was my first try. I know experimental baking on Christmas day is risky, Continue reading “Focaccia Bread”
Been ages since I made a cupcake! Especially at 8:00 in the morning before “school” now UNI! :O Where has the time gone?! Rushing the icing in case I miss the train! Here is my Go-to 30 min cake recipe that, not only is fast (and gives time for washing up to keep, mum or aunt or anyone who has to share a kitchen with you, happy) they look super cute too!
8:00 – Check you have all ingredients (sugar + butter + eggs + self-raising flour + icing sugar + food colouring), then get the scales, bowl and electric whisk out.
8:02 – Weigh two eggs, (120g). Measure butter (120g) and sugar (135g) in a bowl, whisk until just creamy.
8:04 – Add the two eggs and whisk quick.
8:05 – Weigh in flour (145g). Whisk on medium speed till flour half mixed then on high till completely mixed and you begin to see air bubbles.
8:07 – Turn on oven to gas mark 5/ 200 degrees C (with fan). Get out cupcake tray and layout 12 cases
8:08 – Spoon batter evenly into cases.
8:10 – Put in oven on the top shelf.
8:1 1 – Wash up 😦
8:24 – Fill a mug with icing sugar and boil the kettle.
8:25 – Remove cakes from oven and onto a cooling rack.
8:26 – Pour hot water into the mug (a teaspoon at a time) to make up icing to ‘slightly runny’, then add a little food colouring.
8:29 – Add icing to cakes (reserve one to make crumbs) then sprinkle the cake crumbs on top.
8:30 – Box the cakes and run for the train! Or just chill
Have fun – speed baking!
xox Much love Holly xox
Mmm!!! Super tasty home made churros! Genuenly one of the easiest treats I’ve ever made. Thanks to a combanation of ChocolateChocolateandMore and a few little online hints, I managed to make scrumtious churros first time round!
You’ll need :
For the churros
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 2/3 cup of water
- pinch of salt
- 1 + 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 3 eggs beaten
- quite a bit of oil for frying
For the coating
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tblsp of ground cinnamon
How to make them!
It’s much easier if you prepare everything to begin with, trust me!
- Pour your oil into a pan for frying, or if you have a deep fat fryer use that. Line a baking tray with kitchen roll for draining.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon for coating and place in a deep dish/ plate. Also assemble a large piping bag with a star nozzle.
- Place the butter and water in a medium-sized pan and boil till mixed. In a heat proof bowl, place the salt, flour and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- Pour the butter/water into the bowl and with a hand mixer combine them to a dough.
- Add the eggs and wisk until smooth.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees (if you don’t have a food thermometer, like me, just throw in a cube of bread, if it browns its good, if it burns it’s too hot, if it doent sizzle it’s too cold.)
- Be ready to drain the churros on your baking tray and remember this is a runny dough, so when you’re not using the piping bag rest it in a glass or hold it in your hand upside down, just don’t let it run!
- Pipe the dough into the oil whatever shape/length you want. When you see the edges become golden turn the dough until all golden/brown.
- Quickly remove from pan onto the tray.
- Repeat until all the dough is used.
- Roll the warm churros in the coating until completely covered.
Eat! ….. reccomended with hot chocolate and chocolate fudge sauce to dunk 🙂
xox Much love Holly xox